Wednesday, May 25, 2011

BAC Florence to Elba – Day 6 – Porto Azzurro, Elba

View from the Hotel at Porto Azzurro on Elba

My objective today was to get some rest and I did. I lazed around the hotel all day reading except for a short trip with Julie and Tim to the COOP to pick up Happy Hour supplies and lunch fixings. Tim and I shared prosciutto and cheese on rolls on the terrace at the hotel. It was not very exciting, but it was inexpensive and filling. I also bought some bananas for tomorrow and some bottled water. The tap water does not taste good.

I saw several people from our group coming back from various excursions – some by bicycle, some by motor scooter and some by foot. A few went swimming in the Mediterranean. I’ll be hearing stories later about all of the things I missed.

The weather is hot.

Peggy, Jerry, Sharon, Don and Matt at Dinner in Porto Azzurro I finally got out after Happy Hour and went to dinner with several others at a waterside restaurant. I had stockfish in a tomato based sauce with potatoes along with a green salad. The meal was light and refreshing. We sat outside next to the water at a long table. The weather had cooled off a bit and it was very pleasant. When we split up the bill, we discovered that we put in too much money, so we all stopped for gelato.

No comments: