Sunday, September 15, 2013

September 15 – BAC Tuscany On The Med Day 4

Walk To Donoratico

Advanced Rest Day

The weather prediction was 70% chance of rain. Syd decided to cancel the ride for today and replace it with our rest day. This was good news for me because I could rest my tired legs, or so I thought. I suggested to Ann that we should walk into Donoratico. When we reviewed this tour before we left home, we were a bit confused about which town we were staying in. When we got here we found that the official name of our location is Marina di Castagneto Carducci. The reason that I am telling you this is that the walking distance into Donoratico is about 4 kilometers. This is why I didn’t rest my tired legs.

The area near the beach paralleling the coast is covered with pine trees. We walked under these trees alongside the road and over a path for the first half. These second half was past olive groves.

Walk To Donoratico Walk To Donoratico

We ended up at the train station. Along with three other BACers, we stopped at a cafe to have drinks (I had a cappuccino) and to use the facilities. We toured the town going onto some side streets to look at the houses and yards where we saw lots of beautiful flowers. After stopping at the grocery store, we split up. Ann and I walked back to the hotel along the same route.

Ann and I had lunch at Sole Luna. Deep fried shellfish and vegetables for me and pasta for Ann. We shared a mixed salad.

The rest of the afternoon was at leisure.

Happy Hour was outside on the terrace overlooking the sea. We had a discussion about which island that we were looking at was Elba. Katy Strain, Gary Hsueh and the desk clerk set us straight. It was the big land mass on our left, not the little one in front of us. (You had to have been there to know what I am writing about). Dinner was back in the main dining room. Several people were missing from Happy Hour and dinner because they took train trips to explore other cities. They all wandered in when we were eating dessert. Here is tonight’s menu:

P9152309

No comments: