Monday, September 16, 2013

September 16 – BAC Tuscany On The Med Day 5

Day 5

Val di Cecina

George Hall led us out this morning on a maze of one-lane roads. These were not on the normal route which caused some aggravation with my GPS. It started to rain, so he took us in an opposite direction to a stop to wait until the showers passed. We turned around a retraced our route and then did another of his variations. Soon we were back on route.

The ride took us up to the hilltop of Montescudaio. The grades were to very long but they were pretty steep. A lot of our riders were already there having taken a different route. I had a yummy cappuccino.

My GPS was still confused when we left and was not beeping me to make turns. I managed to stay on route though. I began riding solo at Bibbona when the others decided to take a different route back to the hotel. My route went down The Wine Road. At that point, my GPS decided to stop registering cumulative distance. So I am not sure how far I rode. I think it was close to 50 miles.

I stopped at a restaurant near our hotel for gnocchi and beer and then wove my way to our room. I will not port my stats because they are incorrect.

We had our Happy Hour and then dinner. Here is tonight’s menu and wine:

Day 5 -Tonight's Menu Day 5 -Dinner Wine

No comments: