Thursday, May 3, 2007

Mallorca Day 3


Thursday, May 3 - We were up at what is becoming our normal time of 6:30. The breakfast buffet was the same good one as the previous day. Today I had some yummy bacon with my eggs. I'm now convinced that protein helps quell hunger pangs at mid-morning.

(This is a photo inside the monastery that I visited yesterday).

Today was moving day. We left the Delta Hotel for the Hotel Miramar in Port de Pollensa. This meant that we rode from the southeast of the island to the northwest. The ride gave us a good cross section of the island. It was mostly level with a few rollers - not very difficult. Our suggested lunch stop was in Dineu, but I was there too early. I rode on to Llubi where I stopped at a bakery and bought a really good pastry to supplement the tiny lunch from the hotel. We got bananas today which were good but not quite as good as the oranges yesterday. I stopped by the side of the road in a date tree grove to eat. While there, I watched dozens of cyclists go by. Some were in their fancy clothes and high-priced bicycles while others were in their street clothes riding English-style upright bicycles. Apparently Port de Pollensa has lots of English tourists. This became obvious when we checked into our hotel. Lots of Brits and very few Germans.

We had a good happy hour with a couple of cheeses, prociutto, wine, etc. We also had a birthday cake for Lois. After that, three of us went to a paella restaurant. It was good but not great. One of these days I'll find a good dinner restaurant with local cooking.

Bed was around 10 after playing around for a while with my laptop.

Final Stats:
Miles - 50
Time - 3:34
Average speed - 14.0
Max speed - 34.2
Elevation Gain - 1331 feet

No comments: