Saturday, September 8, 2012

Day 5 – Twisp River

photo(2)

I took it easy today. Instead of starting the ride at our inn, I drove to Twisp and began there. This cut out 20 miles. I got some teasing for doing this, but I needed a shorter ride to rest my legs.

Today’s ride was an out-and-back along the Twisp River. I rode out with Gary (we had on our matching Valley Spokesmen jerseys) and back with Gary and Jon. The temperature going out was nice and cool. It was warmer coming back but it was downhill so it didn’t matter. We started out riding past farmland and eventually through wooded Forest Service land. The turnaround was where the pavement ended. The three of us hammered going back because it was mostly downhill.

Several of us had lunch in Twisp at the Twisp River Pub. I had fish tacos and a forgettable IPA.

I lazed around the rest of the afternoon. I made a trip into Winthrop to get a coffee malt. While there, I watched a parade of vintage cars.It was an old fogies weekend in the Methow Valley.

Terry hosted our Happy Hour at her house. It was a nice informal atmosphere for our last night together. I met Tessa her English Lab and Samantha, a Lab mix who is spending several days with her. It’s comforting that this small community cares for and looks after its friends.

Leona, Gary, Loren, Chris, Linda, Terry, Michael and I shared pizza and mud pies at the East 20 Pizza restaurant. It was a really fun evening.

Here is today’s ride:

No comments: