Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Twisp-Carlton Semi Loop

I was going to write something clever about today’s ride but it is too late, I am tired and it is bed time. So here is a recap:

I left Winthrop sometime after 9:00 and rode down the East County Road, past the smoke jumper headquarters and then on to Twisp. The weather was warming up already. I passed a few of our group along the way. I saw several dead deer on the side of the road.

At Twisp, I turned onto the Twisp Carlton Road and pedaled onward until I reached the end. I met most of our group there. We took a group photo. My camera was back at Lake Wenatchee so I have no shots to show.

This was the turnaround spot. I teamed up with Terry, Loren and Chris. We headed up the main road, took a turn at Lower Beaver Creek, had a screaming downhill on Hwy 20 and finally arrived back at Twisp for lunch. I recommend Cinnamon Twisp for a meal. It has wonderful milkshakes, sandwiches and cinnamon rolls.

After lunch I rode solo back on East County Rd to our lodge.

Our Social Hour was at a BAC member’s house in the hills above Winthrop. It was a real challenge to find, but we eventually got there and had a very good time socializing and looking at the killer view.

I had dinner at the Old Schoolhouse again. This time I was joined by Jon, Cindy and Michael. My yummy IPA was accompanied by a wrangler burger and salad.

Here is the details of today’s ride:

No comments: