Thursday, February 12, 2015

Havelock To Nelson


This will be a short blog. It is getting late.

I turned right from the motel in Havelock and then left into our motel in Nelson. The morning started off with some fog and eventually turned very warm. Before our two hills of the day, I stopped at a café with several others and had a delicious muffin (it had berries and chocolate chips) and an iced coffee. The second climb was more difficult than the first. I had to brake behind a logging truck on the second descent. I rode solo the whole day.

Here is a link to my ride: https://www.strava.com/activities/254131105

We have a nice room at our motel with a shower with several shower heads that spray on different parts of your body. Very relaxing.

After our social hour, Ann and I ate in our motel's restaurant. She had a huge Caesar salad while I chose pasta with salmon in a light cream sauce. We are getting saturated with large meals with meat. It felt good to cut back.

After dinner we walked through the town. Nelson is fairly large with a downtown area that stretches for several blocks. There were lots of people dining outside in the many restaurants.

Speaking of restaurants, Yesterday I wrote about muscles in Havelock. It should have been mussels. I would like to blame my mistake on auto correct, but it was my tired brain that did it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw that spelling error, Bobby, but I have been so cheeky I thought I would let it go.

Yesterday we went to a presentation at one of the Capitol buildings. The featured speaker was an Abraham Lincoln "look alike actor" who was so authentic that soon into his presentation we found ourselves totally lost into the character. This was especially poinient for Susan and me as we had spent two and a half days in Gettysburg in December. One of his observations I found enlightening was that Lincoln had been offered a position as territorial governor of both Oregon as well as Washington. Just a little trivia for you as you miss Presidents Day.