Friday, April 9, 2010

20100409 – San Francisco

I know that you all have been wondering when I would start up my blog again. Well, it’s time. I’m on another BAC trip. This time I am riding from San Francisco to San Diego. Ann drove me to the Columbus Motor Inn early this afternoon where I checked into my room. It feels weird spending the night just a few miles across the bay from home. I got settled then wandered around outside to get oriented and to find a snack. I was forced to buy a piece of an apple chocolate chip coffee cake at Starbucks.

At 5:15, our group of 20+ gathered in the lobby and walked over to Fior d’ Italia, America’s oldest Italian restaurant. We had a banquet room reserved. Kathy and Chip Sterling, our ride directors, gave us an overview of the ride and its procedures. Then we introduced ourselves. Chris Witt and Pat Green created the route for tomorrow’s ride and they presented it to us. We will be making a grand tour of the San Francisco parameter before heading down the coast to Pacifica.

IMGP0050

A mural on the wall shows the basilica in Assisi. The scene surrounding it represents various sights in northern Italy.

Dinner was very tasty. We all had Caesar salad, pasta, an entree (I had veal picatta) and tiramisu for dessert. The restaurant was nearly empty when we arrived, but it had filled up by the time we left a little after 8:00.

It’s now past 9:30 and I am going to bed.

No comments: