Wednesday, July 14, 2010

BAC Seattle to San Francisco

20100713 – Yachats to Lakeside

100_6742

We decided to have all of the luggage into the trailer by 8:00. This was because Judy will be our sole driver and she wanted to get to our destinations early enough to get in a ride. So I got up at 6:00, packed all of my things and loaded them into the trailer by 7:00. Then I rode into town to have breakfast at the Green Salmon. This is a small cafe that specializes in coffee, coffee drinks, pastries, etc. They try to be very green. I was surprised that they had some real breakfast items. I had special oatmeal, a huge raspberry almond scone and the best cup of coffee that I have had on the trip. I ate with Dick, Annamaria, Laura, Linda and Sue.

I left breakfast, turned left and rode almost all of the way on US 101. The only diversion came just before Lakeside where I was able to get off of noisy 101 for 2 1/2 miles.

The ride was fairly easy. There were lots of rollers, a couple of climbs and a good tail wind for most of the way. The weather was sunny and cool. I made a few stops along the way including one at a bicycle store in Florence and another at a state park boat launch to eat my PB&J sandwich. I went over several bridges and through one tunnel. The shoulders were wide enough most of the time, but disappeared at other times. Traffic was not too bad and I only had about 1/2 dozen close calls with RVs.

I started my ride at 8:15 and finished at 1:40. I would have finished earlier but I overshot the hotel and had to backtrack.

Here is a link to today’s route.

Ron and I hosted Happy Hour duty this afternoon. We did some slicing and dicing of vegetables and cheese as well as opening wine bottles. Our presentation left a little to be desired, but it worked.

I had dinner in a little restaurant down the street sitting with Judy, Betty and Rich. I had pan fried chicken. It was good and crispy.

It’s nearing 8:30. Our access to the internet is really bad, so this blog will go out tomorrow.

No comments: