Monday, July 12, 2010

BAC Seattle to San Fraqncisco

20100712 – Yachats

Today was a rest day. I did a little bit of riding though. We are about a mile south of town, so I used my bicycle to get there for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I slept until 7:30. I had a late breakfast at Le Roy's Blue Whale – fresh fruit, eggs, bacon, hash browns and coffee. I rode around town which is about 1/4 mile, bought some supplies at the grocery store and went back to my room. I spent the rest of the morning working on my website with my feet up.

Lunch was at Heidi’s where I had one of my all-time favorites - an open-face Dungeness crab sandwich and a black & blueberry cobbler with vanilla ice cream. After lunch I rode around town again trying to discover anything new. Then I went back to my room and worked on the website some more.

Happy Hour was at 5:00. Rich surprised with margaritas. We also had as guests a couple from New Zealand who were riding from Vancouver to San Francisco on fully loaded bicycles. They are doing 100 miles per day. (We are really spoiled).

I had dinner at the Drift Inn Family Pub. I had another of my all-time favorites – fried razor clams. After dinner, I went back to the motel, put on my sandals and strolled along the beach. The tide was way out. I tried to find some good tide pools to take photos of sea life, but I wasn’t successful. There were some beautiful kelp beds on the rocks, though.

It’s closing in on 9:00. I am going to get prepared for the ride tomorrow.

100_6740 100_6734 100_6735 100_6737 100_6738 100_6739

No comments: