Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Seattle to San Francisco

July 21 – Westport to Point Arena, CA

100_6800

Things were quiet in the house when I got in last night. Miriam and Marlene were already in bed. I soon followed – into bed in my upstairs room. They were up a little earlier than I was this morning. They wanted to get an early start. I hung around until 7:30 when Judy came by with the trailer so we could load our bags. Judy said that there was a scone and coffee waiting for me at the hotel so I went over there to collect. She joined me after she ordered an omelet. When it came, the waitress mentioned that it had shrimp in it. Judy is allergic to shrimp. Guess who ate the omelet? She got a plain one instead.

I was off on my bicycle at 8:30. The skies were fairly clear but it was cool. It soon got foggy. The fog lasted all day. The above photo shows how foggy it was. I had lots of trouble seeing the surf.

After 30 miles, I stopped at a grocery/deli and had coffee and some home made banana coconut bread. My next stop was at mile 50 when I ate my PB&J sandwich at a vista point. That’s where I took the photo above.

I rolled into The Warf Masters Inn at 2:00. I was ready to stop. It was a tough ride with all of the steep rollers.

Here is a link to today’s route.

Happy Hour was in one of the other riders’ room. It was a tri-level suite with a full kitchen, dining room and living room with a fireplace. My room is a lot smaller, but it has a Jacuzzi and a fireplace.

Most of us had dinner at the Chowder House which is below our hotel. I had some passable fish tacos. At the end of the meal, we toasted George Chambers who is leaving the tour tomorrow with his son Ed.

It is now a little past 8:00. I am going up to the hotel’s lobby to post this blog.

No comments: