Thursday, July 22, 2010

BAC Seattle to San Francisco

July 22 – Point Arena to Bodega Bay, CA

Cereal and toast in the breakfast room. Started to ride at 8:00. Rode up the hill and turned right on CA 1. Arrived in Bodega Bay 64 miles later a little after 2:00. On the way I stopped at Stewart’s Point Store for coffee and coffee cake and hooked up with Julie. Rode with her until Fort Ross where she turned off to see the fort. Stopped in Jenner to eat my PB&J sandwich. During the day I rode past Sea Ranch and Ellen’s rental house near Goat Rock. The weather was foggy and cool. I put on my rain jacket over my light weight cycling jacket and wore it all day. Traffic is getting heavier as we approach the San Francisco area and the road shoulders are getting narrower. The last two days were difficult because of all the steep rollers and because of all of the miles we have accumulated.

Here is a link to today's route.

We are staying at the Bodega Coast Inn at the south end of Bodega Bay. This is one of the best hotels that we have stayed in. I have no fireplace tonight, but my room is very comfortable.

At Happy Hour, Ron and I were the hosts. This means that we helped Rich and Judy by cutting up the vegetables, arranging all of the snacks and cleaning up afterwards. We were joined by Margie Kirk and Sally McKinney, BAC members and friends from the Bay Area. We were also joined by Bob and Kathy, relatives of Ken Neville.

I joined Margie, Sally, Ben and Rich at the Sandpiper for dinner. I had calamari in a tomato sauce and linguine.

It’s closing in on 9:00. I’m signing off for the night.

No comments: